Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Professional Black Sista’s Searching For Love:

Why is it all the educated black sista’s are not married? Why do they all hang together instead of with a progressive professional black brother? I know a few progressive, educated and beautiful black sista’s that are looking for love. Why do other ethnic women get married off before our educated sista’s? Why do our BLACK MEN, when they get a little wealthy, run and get a White woman (or woman of a different race?) Why is this? Well here are a few myths I heard through the years. I heard that black brothers think sista’s are too opinionated, materialistic or just too hard on a brother. Then I heard that white women are more laid back and easily swayed (oh my bad, I meant easy going). Then the brothers say that the sista’s complain too much and are too bossy. They say the white women are naïve and loose (oh I meant they are fresh and. accommodating – ha-ha….) Please don’t hate on me. These are myths I heard throughout my life experience.

So….. let’s start with our sista’s. Are we too opinionated and materialistic for our black brothers? Should we tone it down (or in other words lower our standards) or maybe look to another race like our beautiful brothers do? Well in my opinion I think that all educated black beautiful sista’s should weigh their options. But sista's remember that despite who you are involved with always love yourself. Do what is good for you and that man. Never give up on love, because it will find you and when it does you will know when and what to do, even if it is not with a black brother.

So my black brothers what is your problem? Why would you not want an educated, black sista? Do the sista’s scare you away with there ambitious career minded status? Or are you brothers too ashamed of your own self, your own failures, that you can’t relate and respect all the trials and tribulations that we all have shared. Look at our history? We both have endured oppression. So my brothers take a look at yourselves in the mirror. What do you see? A sista will stand by her man to the end of time.

Now a days a sista can take care of herself and you too (if she chooses, no joke…) so cherish her and let her know that she is the black queen that you need and can succeed with. So what is your problem, my black brothers? Is it something in the water that is making you lose your mind and the history of our forefathers? We are the only race of people that stray away from our own in such large numbers, no other race does it the way we do. Just for the record, there’s nothing wrong with a good white sista hooking up with a good black brother. Only I hope neither one is running away from their own race to do so. WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP.

Come back my brothers to our sista’s and embrace them. Let your strong union shine in front of all to see. Let the world know that we are a together people. Learn how to love yourself, so you can love your beautiful black sista… Wake up my people. Get the sleep out of your eyes. Come on let me know what you think? Our sista’s are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment